About Me

My photo
Danbury, Connecticut, United States
Armand Hammer, the great industrialist, was asked, what is the secret of your success. He responded: "Luck". He explained: "I'm lucky I can get out of bed every day and go to work and live my life." I'd say, I'm lucky too

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

The world in pictures

There are many great people who have no idea I have this day job, called Attorney at Law. These same wonderful folks only know me from my photography, and that's ok.
I am so blessed to be able to do everything that I do, and am passionate about it all as well.
An average day for me involves seeing new clients, hand-to-hand combat with The Dark Side (the insurance industry who would royally screw my clients if I didn't intercede),reviewing the never ending stream of information related to law, and in general, trying to know what the right thing to do is, and then doing it. On this last point, I can't say I always know, and I can't say I always do, but, I am trying.
As my children, Maximillian, Shana, and Cameron would say: "that being said"...
The world of photography does creep in. Recently I was so fortunate to shoot photos for FHM and MAXM UK.
I get to talk with people interested in having me photograph them, their business, their dog etc, and every once in a while, one of them actually hires me.
Through my meanderings in photography, I have had the pleasure to go places, meet people, and see things, I might not ordinarily get to see.
Of course, some of it, I probably shouldn't be seeing. But thanks to the help of the good people at NIKON(who will happily see me as much gear as I can afford), and ADOBE (who happily sell me terrific image editing software) I get to create images I'm glad I captured.
Now its true, that my dear wife is my best model and very patient with all this. And my kids, also great models, do put up with this as well. But I know, that there comes a point where, its like, hey Alan, that's great, but, uh, I'm leaving the room now.
So, I guess, while this venue, this blog, provides me with a "bloody good pulpit"(obscure reference to Teddy Roosevelt), I leave it at this.
Every day when I awake, I'm thankful that I am still here, and that the world in front of me is full of images; images of peoples whose lives I try to make better, and images of others, and places and things that I will preserve.
It's my world in pictures.
I must get to the photos of the female model from this photo-shoot

2 comments:

Laura Newman said...

Love this post Alan. Very inspired and thoughtful. Perhaps a writer too? ;-) Keep it up and have fun. Hope you have a great 2010!

AlanBarry said...

Laura, thanks for stopping by, and for your very kind comments.